Friday, November 14, 2008

feeling as discouraged as ever

so apparently... the website that I hired Sumeet to make should be done by next week.. if not by the next two weeks at the latest... I feel that there will still be a lot of things I would need to change around within the website to get it to a point where I am satisfied with it...

but that's the least of my worries... I feel more discouraged than ever now... about the whole idea... to be completely honest with you.. yeah.. i experience times when i wonder... "should i just scrap the idea"?

"should i just take the normal route and work 9-5?"

"wtf am i doing...?"

it is really depressing cause I am living at home right now.. have been for the past couple of months... while I try to get off the ground ... to do my own thing... and... so far... everything looks pretty glim... (is that even a word?)... i have skeptics on both sides of my ear telling me that what I'm doing.. it can't be done. and i'm looking for inspiration. to (as Harold said), being able to create value where others couldn't.

and I'm using examples of people in the past.. where people have told them.. that it can't be done.. but they persevered and succceeded anyways... i guess one of those Rocky stories.. I want this to work.. I see value in it... but when I look at the financial forcast I laid out for myself... I don't even know how I'm going to get there.

So for the next 6 months... I've projected the site alone to cost $35-40,000 to develop full of content. The content I need needs to be premium too... it would be worthless to have 1000 videos full of shitty explanations..

I'm still young. I know that. I'm barely 22.. but I feel like I'm already behind. which is a very selfish viewpoint to have because there are far more people out there that are truly happy with much less than I have...

life is a pretty funny fucking thing.

No comments: